Only three generations of Harfords owned Blaise. John Battersby Harford,
the grandson of John Scandrett Harford, died in 1875 and his widow Mary, daughter
of Christian, Baron de Bunsen, died in 1919, whereupon the estate was bought by the
Bristol Corporation. By 1926 the Corporation had purchased all of the family's former
property apart from Blaise Hamlet. The house is now a museum containing exhibits of
everyday life from centuries past including domestic equipment, Victorian toys, period
costumes and a picture gallery. Nearby Falcondale and Lampeter Roads were
named after John Battersby Harford's estates in Cardigan.