The West front of Bristol Cathedral. In 1867 work began on a new nave under
George Edmund Street. The nave was opened in 1877, and the West towers were
completed in 1888 under the supervision of John Loughborough Pearson, Street
having died in 1881. Pearson was also responsible for major interior restoration
work. The Cathedral is dedicated to the Holy and Undivided Trinity.