Please note: this photograph was taken by Richard Loxton and may not be reproduced elsewhere or uploaded to other websites without permission.
In his will, proved on 23rd April 1881, Edward Burgess HIPPISLEY requested that his executors "fill with good
stained or painted glass the two windows on the south side of the Parish Church of Chewton Mendip and lying east of the
south porch at a cost of about one hundred pounds each window". The photograph above shows the lower section of the
easternmost of these two windows and includes the HIPPISLEY Coat of Arms.