Emborough Manor Farm, Present Day. The Manor Farm was originally the Manor House and
lies adjacent to the parish church. The name Emborough comes from the Old English 'Emnbeorg'
meaning 'level hill'. In the Domesday Survey of 1086 it is referred to as 'Amelberge'. In 1570 the
manor was purchased by John Hippisley and was owned by his descendants until the 1950s.