The arms of Margaret HIPPISLEY (nee STUART) on her memorial in St Michael, Warfield,
Berkshire. In 1797 Margaret's husband Sir John Cox HIPPISLEY was granted the privilege of
bearing the Württemberg arms and motto Amicitiae Virtutisque Foedus, which translates as
"an alliance of friendship and virtue". The Württemberg arms can be seen on the breasts of
the two black eagles, also a Württemberg emblem. The arms also incorporate a ducal crown.
The first and fourth quarters of the shield on the left represent the HIPPISLEY family, while
the second and third quarters represent the COX and ATWOOD families. The hind's head
is also a HIPPISLEY emblem. The shield on the right is that of the STUART family.
The above image was kindly provided by David Nash Ford.