this photograph was taken by Richard Loxton and may not be
reproduced elsewhere or
uploaded to other websites without permission.
Farm, Chewton Mendip. Owned by the HIPPISLEY family in the
19th century, the farm was purchased by Henry FLOWER
in 1857 though he doesn't appear to have ever lived here. Instead
Henry's father George farmed at Quarrs and after his death
John became the tenant. The farm was sold in 1907 following Henry's death the previous year.